SUMMERTIME!!!!

Hi there! Hope you're enjoying sweet, sunny Summer! Have a blessed season!

Followers

Friday, November 6, 2009

TODAY: THE BIG GIRL SCOUT TALENT SHOW!!!!

Today was the big.... GIRL SCOUT TALENT SHOW!!!!!!
Hope and I have been in girl scouts for about 5 years now, and since we're in junior girl scouting, we get to do our "bronze award". The bronze award in girl scouting is a special service project the girls choose to do. This award takes two years to do. Part of getting the award is the silver star. And part of that is doing a girl scout talent show. I decided to play my guitar and Hope read her story from school. Other girls did dances, sang, or read poems with posters. We also chose our troop's symbol. We all voted, and it turned out to be..... THE PURPLE PANSY!!!!!! It was a big announcement! Then we learned what badges each of us were going to do, and lastly did a goodie holder for the Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner. That also explains why we chose the purple pansy- it stands for friendship and service. I've finally realized that girl scouts is pretty important, and I hope it will stay that way.

At the end, we took home our friend, Natalie. She's with us right now, and she is going to create a blog of her own soon! You meet so many new friends in girl scouts- another important thing!! Well, overall, today was a pretty good day. I hope the rest of the weekend goes good for us and all you reading this right now!!!!!!!!!!
- JANAE, HOPE, AND SPECIAL GUEST, NATALIE!!!!! (Janae is telling you mainly the things that happened) -Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment