Saturday, November 7, 2009
HORSEBACK RIDING WITH HOPE!
OK, if you don't know me, I love horses. I love them so much! Today at my riding lessons, I had a lot of fun, but the horses had a workout! You see, at first we thought Royal, the pony I ride, was having a problem, maybe constipation of some strange sort. Then we finally found out that he was just having a little bit of a bad day. Alright, a pretty bad day. He kept on picking his back up and pushing it. He was like mad or something, or either he thought he was going to have a day off. "It's not like horses are the same everyday, and if you're looking for something that's the same everyday, you need a bike."-As my instructor, Jill says. It was still a fantastic lesson, and Sofia, my riding partner, and I both learned something very important-how to really get our horses back on track. This is certainly something a rider should know, and especially a trainer. We need to be "Agressive and Progressive" as I say. Royal at one point stumbled and it spooked me, and I cried a little. I got right on track, again, though, and now the horses know that they can't get by with their own ways. It's Jill, Sofia, and my job to tell them what they need to do. Royal and Sizzle (the other horse) are totally ready for next week, and especially since we gave them cookies! I can't wait for next time! -HOPE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment