"Ahhh! Help us! What's going on?"
Want to know why all those people are screaming? It's because something very scary is coming back. That very scary thing isn't just scary, either, it's also evil. It's the.....TAKS!
Okay,so, for those of who do not live in Texas or do not know about the TAKS, it's a test. And I mean, I don't mean to be offending Texas or the people who made the test or even the people who administrate it, but the TAKS is supposed to be a hard core test. So, that means we have to practice. And this year the teachers are really laying it on us that we have to do good on the test. Or should I say tests.
This year, since we're in fourth grade, we have to take and extra test. Last year, we only had to take 2 tests, but this year, we have to take 3. Believe me, that is NOT a bonus. The 3 tests that we have to take are reading, math, and writing. Actually, we only have to take the math and reading test at the end of the year, and the writing test is in March. But why I am writing about this test so early is that we just had to do the second practice TAKS reading and math test. This Tuesday is the writing test, and then, hopefully, that will be it for the practice tests.
But even after we do our practice tests, we still need to do more work. Every worksheet that we get has to involve a "TAKS Practice Step" or something else that has to do with the big test.
So, I'm rally hoping I got good scores on my practice TAKS so far, and that I will get a good score on my writing test coming up this Tuesday. Wish me luck on that! And also wish me luck on the Spelling Bee. I almost forgot to tell you guys I was in the Spelling Bee at my school this Thursday!I'm really also hoping that I'll do good on that, even if I don't win. Y'all, I need a lot of luck this week!
Prayers and Hope for your problems too,
Janae
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment